Fun facts about the state of Washington
Washington State Facts
Here are some Washington fun facts you probably didn't know about:
- The state of Washington is the only state to be named after a United States president.
- Washington state has more glaciers than the other 47 contiguous states combined.
- Seattle is home to the first revolving restaurant, 1961.
- Washington is the birthplace of both Jimi Hendrix (Seattle) and Bing Crosby (Tacoma).
- The Lewis and Clark expedition entered the state on October 10, 1805.
- Washington is home to many innovative Internet companies, including Microsoft.com, Amazon.com, Classmates.com, Whitepages.com, and Marchex.
- In eastern Washington the Hanford Works atomic energy plant was opened in 1943 and played a major role in the construction of the nation's atomic bombs.
Other Washington state facts:
- Washington State Tree: Western Hemlock
- Washington State Flower: Pink Rhododendron
- Washington State Bird: Willow Goldfinch
Do you need more vital information about a Washington resident? We also offer Marriage Records, Birth Records and Death Records. Use our free search form to find and search for people in WA and get the Washington public information you need fast. Click here to Search Nationwide Public Records by maiden name, spouse name, age, DOB or SSN for unlisted numbers, addresses, roommates and family members.
Need to find someone fast?
Type in their name and hit "Search"